Thursday 4 August 2011

A Feeling So Soft! A Meaning So Strong!

Yesterday my neighbour, an elderly woman whom I have nicknamed "Ruby Dadi" called out for me through mom, to help her with switching on her digital camera. I was busy that time, and told her that I will come as soon as I become free. After about 15 minutes I went into her house. She was sitting right there, in front of the door and when she saw me she smiled and greeted me!

I have been with Ruby Dadi ever since I remember! I have practically grown up in her house, until I got busy with my studies. When I was a small girl, Dadi used to make namkeen rotis for me every holiday morning and I used eat that only out of her hand! And not to mention my absolutely genuine affection to her late dog named "Ruby" and Dadi got her nickname due to her dog only!

The Disney Camera (Not my courtesy)
Now, she knows that I'm going off to college to study Mechanical Engineering and she figured that I was having a lot of free time on my hands to kill! So I went there and Dadi directed me to her digital camera saying she was helplessly unable to switch on that gadget! She said, "Beta, you are a Mechanical Engineer, isn't it? Will you please help me switch on this camera?" At first it didn't strike me that she expected me to do so because she relied on me due to my education and love for gadgets! But then Dadi sat right next to me, and she looked at me expectantly every time I said, "Oh!"

Now, the camera's a 2006 model of Disney Digital Camera's range of DB. At first I thought it was a normal camera, but after reading the manual I did realize that! Dadi then gave me the camera to take home, examine it, see the softwares and all and then see if it's working! But ultimately, all my struggles were in vain because the camera had internal problems and I couldn't risk Dadi's trust by making any mistakes there! So I returned the camera just as it was.

When I came home, mom  said, "See Beta, people trust you because of who you are and who you're gonna be! A very few people are lucky enough to experience this - someone who believes in them and their dreams and aspirations! You've got a whole bunch of people!"

"Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark" said Tagore. I realized this on that day, about a month before starting college, when I had my own bunch of dilemmas! A light yet highly effective and beautiful moment like this definitely brightened up the horizon for me! I know now that 4 years from today, I am going to be an amazing Mechanical Engineer not just for me, but also for all the people who believe in me and my dreams! I owe it to all of us! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment